Why Prescribe the CeQur Simplicity Wearable Insulin Patch?
Patients that use the CeQur Simplicity wearable insulin patch are more likely to adhere to their insulin regimen and achieve glycemic targets.
CeQur Simplicity is revolutionizing mealtime insulin delivery for T1 and T2 diabetes patients on multiple daily injections (MDIs). Our 3-day wearable insulin patch removes mealtime insulin barriers, providing a convenient, discreet, and injection-free way for people with diabetes to deliver mealtime and correction boluses.4
Can be worn for up to three days5
Holds up to 200 units of rapid-acting insulin1
Easy to use and learn, <30 minutes of training1
Can be worn and dosed under clothing
One click administers two units of insulin
Thin (<4 stacked quarters), compact (65 x 36 mm), and lightweight (10 gm)1
Less pain encourages adherence3
Clinically shown to reduce A1C, increase TIR1
One patch replaces nine mealtime injections
Small, flexible cannula for painless insulin delivery5
CeQur Simplicity Is Easy to Teach and Use
Getting patients started with CeQur Simplicity is easy. Most patients need <30 minutes of training and feel fully confident applying the patch after just 1-3 times. Healthcare professionals also found that training patients to use the patch was easy.1
Patients follow these simple steps to begin using the CeQur Simplicity 3-day wearable insulin patch*
Fill the patch with a 3-day supply of insulin. CeQur Simplicity holds up to 200 units of rapid-acting insulin*
*Labeled for use with Humalog® U-100 and Novolog® U-100
Use the Inserter to apply the patch to the abdomen for up to three days of wear and injection-free dosing
Remove the Inserter, and the patch is ready to dose.
The CeQur Simplicity wearable insulin patch holds up to 200 units of rapid-acting insulin administered in 2-unit increments.1
9 out of 10 prefer CeQur Simplicity over pens and syringes11
Built-in safety features ensure proper dosing and quickly build patient comfort
Our Wearable Insulin Patch Is
Proven Reliable and Effective
CeQur Simplicity is clinically shown to improve glycemic control, which can reduce the risk of long-term health complications.
After 24 weeks patients decreased their A1C an average of 1.7% and increased time-in-range (TIR) by 50%1
Results were comparable to pens. Consistent A1C <7% supports HEDIS Comprehensive Diabetes Care measure8
Healthcare Professionals and Patients Prefer CeQur Simplicity
Healthcare professionals prefer the patch to a pen when advancing people with diabetes from basal to basal/bolus insulin management.
We Have You and Your Patients Covered
CeQur Simplicity is covered on most commercial and Medicare Part D insurance plans as a pharmacy benefit. In plans where CeQur Simplicity is covered, two-thirds of patients have a co-pay of $75 or less a month. Individual plans and pharmacy benefits vary by patient, and we at CeQur are here to help you and your patients. Contact the CeQur Care team at 1-888-552-3787.
How to get patients started with the CeQur Simplicity wearable insulin patch
- 1 Prescribe CeQur Simplicity 2U patch, 10-pack
- 2Prescribe CeQur Simplicity Inserter
- 3Prescribe a vial of rapid-acting insulin – labeled for use with Humalog® U-100 or Novolog® U-100
- 4Ensure patients schedule their training session to get started. Training must occur prior to first usage. A healthcare provider from your office or a CeQur Care healthcare professional can train the patient. Have patients contact CeQur Care at 1-888-552-3787 or email@example.com.
The CeQur Simplicity Patient Starter Kit includes:
Two CeQur Simplicity™ patches
Reusable Inserter, only included in the starter kit*
Quick Start Guide
Essential Learning Materials
We’re Here to Help You and Your Patients Get Started
- Bergenstal R, Peyrot M, Dreon D, Aroda V, Bailey T, Brazg R, Frias J, Johnson M, Klonoff D, Kruger D, Ramtoola S, Rosenstock J, Serusclat P, Weinstock R, Naik R, Shearer D, Zraick V, Levy B on behalf of the Calibra Study Group. 2019. Implementation of Basal-Bolus Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Bolus Insulin Delivery Using an Insulin Patch with an Insulin Pen. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics 21 (5):1-13.
- Johnson ML, Dreon DM, Levy BL, Richter S, Mullen D, Bergenstal R. 2018. Comparing Patch vs. Pen Bolus Insulin Delivery in Type 2 Diabetes Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring Metrics and Profiles. Diabetes 2018 Jul; 67(Supplement 1).
- Zraick V, Dreon D, Nalk R, Shearer D, Crawford S, Bradford J, Levy B. 2016. Patient User Experience Evaluation of Bolus Patch Insulin Delivery System. Poster presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 76th Scientific Sessions. Abstract 995-P. New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Dreon D, Hannon T, Cross B, Carter B, Mercer N, Nguyen J, Tran A , Melendez P, Morales N, Nelson J, Tan M. 2018. Laboratory and Benchtop Performance of a Mealtime Insulin-Delivery System. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 12(4):817-827.