How To Prescribe CeQur Simplicity
- CeQur Simplicity 10-Pack
- Write “CeQur Simplicity 2U Patch, 10 Pack”.
- Vial Of Rapid-Acting Insulin
- Labeled for use Humalog® U-100 or Novalog® U-100. Insulin sold separately.
- Get Your Patient Started With A Starter Kit
- Each patient will receive a Starter Kit.
- Kit includes the reusable Inserter needed to apply the Patches (Note: Inserter is provided only in the Starter Kit).
- Starter Kits are available from your CeQur Representative or by calling CeQur Care at 1-888-55-CeQur (1-888-552-3787).
1 Inserter (reusable)
Quick Start Guide & User Guide
CHANGE BY Stickers
Dose Count Card
CeQur Simplicity Patch Application Training Videos
Let's Get Started!
The Quick Start Guide video has been developed to help you understand the proper application and use of CeQur Simplicity 3-Day Insulin Patch. Please use this helpful resource to review and refresh training.
For convenience, shortcuts to the individual steps are provided below.
Help At Your Fingertips
Please access the CeQur Simplicity Quick Start Guide in a step-by-step format for easy access and use. You can watch the full video above, or select the specific chapter for a quick review below.
The first step is to prepare and gather all of your items that you need to start using the Patch.
Learn how to fill the Patch with insulin.
Learn how to prime the Patch to release the air bubbles.
Use stickers to remind you when to change the Patch.
5. Prep Site
Learn what to do to prepare your site for application.
Learn how to apply your Patch.
Learn how to deliver insulin doses.
Learn about the safety features of the Patch.
Important Things to Remember
- Please read all instructions before using your CeQur Simplicity Patch.
- Use the Patch only with U-100 rapid-acting (mealtime) insulin: Humalog® or NovoLog®.
- Use your Patch for bolus insulin needs at mealtimes and snack times, or for correcting high blood glucose.
- DO NOT fill your Patch with long-acting insulin or any other insulin or medication.
- DO NOT directly expose your Patch to oils, lotions or sunscreen.
- Refer to User Guide for additional information.
The CeQur Simplicity Training Checklist provides an easy way to make sure each step of the training has been successfully completed. Download a copy today.Download the Training Checklist
Essential Learning Materials
A variety of printed materials are available from your CeQur representative. If you run out of materials, or prefer to use electronic formats, they are also available below for easy downloading and printing.
Frequent Questions About CeQur Simplicity
About CeQur Simplicity
For CeQur Simplicity Users
Healthcare Professionals FAQ
A CeQur Simplicity prescription includes a Getting Started Guide, ten CeQur Simplicity Patches with fill syringes, Dose Count Card, and CHANGE BY stickers.
Insulin is not provided. A vial of insulin should be filled with a prescription through the pharmacy.
The information on this website is drawn from a number of sources. Each source is noted in line by number, which is easily viewed by placing your pointer over the reference number. Additionally each reference is linked to the source publication in the page footers. There are two key publications referenced, which are available for download from this site.
“Patient User Experience Evaluation of Bolus Patch Insulin Delivery System” (American Diabetes Association’s 76th Scientific Sessions)3
- Bergenstal R, Peyrot M, Dreon D, Aroda V, Bailey T, Brazg R, Frias J, Johnson M, Klonoff D, Kruger D, Ramtoola S, Rosenstock J, Serusclat P, Weinstock R, Naik R, Shearer D, Zraick V, Levy B on behalf of the Calibra Study Group. 2019. Implementation of Basal-Bolus Therapy in Type 2 Diabetes: A Randomized Controlled Trial Comparing Bolus Insulin Delivery Using an Insulin Patch with and Insulin Pen. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics 21 (5):1-13.
- Johnson ML, Dreon DM, Levy BL, Richter S, Mullen D, Bergenstal R. 2018. Comparing Patch vs. Pen Bolus Insulin Delivery in Type 2 Diabetes Using Continuous Glucose Monitoring Metrics and Profiles. Diabetes 2018 Jul; 67(Supplement 1)
- Zraick V, Dreon D, Nalk R, Shearer D, Crawford S, Bradford J, Levy B. 2016. Patient User Experience Evaluation of Bolus Patch Insulin Delivery System. Poster presented at the American Diabetes Association’s 76th Scientific Sessions. Abstract 995-P. New Orleans, LA, USA.
- Peyrot M, Dreon D, Zraick V, Cross B, Tan MH. 2018. Patient Perceptions and Preferences for a Mealtime Insulin Delivery Patch. Diabetes Therapy. 9(1):297–307.
- Dreon D, Hannon T, Cross B, Carter B, Mercer N, Nguyen J, Tran A , Melendez P, Morales N, Nelson J, Tan M. 2018. Laboratory and Benchtop Performance of a Mealtime Insulin-Delivery System. Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology. 12(4):817-827.
- Battelino T, Danne T, Bergenstal R, Amiel S, Beck R, Biester T, Bosi E, Buckingham B, Cefalu W, Close K, Cobelli C, Dassau E, DeVries J, Donaghue K, Dovc K, Doyle F, Garg S, Grunberger G, Heller S, Heinemann L, Hirsch I, Hovorka R, Jia W, Kordonouri O, Kovatchev B, Kowalski A, Laffel L, LevineB, Mayorov A, Mathieu C, Murphy H, Nimri R, Nørgaard K, Parkin C, Renard E, Rodbard D, Saboo B, Schatz D, Stoner K, Urakami T, Weinzimer S, Phillip M. 2019. Clinical Targets for Continuous Glucose Monitoring Data Interpretation: Recommendations From the International Consensus on Time in Range. Diabetes Care Aug 2019, 42 (8) 1593-1603
- Bohannon N, Bergenstal R, Cuddihy R, Kruger D, List S, Massaro E, Molich M, Raskin P, Remtema H, Strowig S, Whitehouse F, Brunelle R, Dreon D, Tan M. 2011. Comparison of a Novel Insulin Bolus-Patch with Pen/Syringe Injection to Deliver Mealtime Insulin for Efficacy, Preference, and Quality of Life in Adults with Diabetes: A Randomized, Crossover, Multicenter Study. Diabetes Technology & Therapeutics. 13(10):1031-1037.
Humalog® is a registered trademark of Eli Lilly and Company. NovoLog® is a registered trademark of Novo Nordisk A/S.